How to Know if Your Neighbor's Lawn has Artificial Grass
Artificial grass installed for home in Mission Viejo, CA
By: Bryan Gustavson | April 16, 2020
Your neighbor’s lawn looks great. Perhaps it even looks perfect….maybe a little too perfect. You try and try to keep up with their perfect yard only to find you keep coming up short. How could this possible be?!?
Questions keep bouncing around in your head.
Why don’t I ever really see them working on their yard?
How do they always keep their lawn so well kept?
Why does their yard look so lush and green year round?
Why doesn’t my lawn look as good as theirs?
The upkeep of an Orange County lawn, at least a pristine yard your entire neighborhood would envy, is no easy task — especially if you don’t have a green thumb or limitless cash to spend on frequent landscaping.
Between the California sun and almost daily yard care, this might as well be a full-time job.
It’s very possible your neighbor is benefitting from a low maintenance artificial lawn (either that or they have a lot of time on their hands). And since artificial grass looks and feels almost exactly like live grass, it can be very difficult to tell the two apart.
So here’s a few tips you can use to see if your neighbor has artificial grass.
- If their grass stays a nice full, rich, lush green throughout the year (even during the winter months), your neighbor probably has artificial grass.
- If their grass stays perfectly trimmed and cut without a single lawn mower in sight, your neighbor probably has artificial grass.
- If their grass never seems to get watered yet it still looks better than your lawn (even though your $100 water bill proves otherwise) your neighbor probably has artificial grass.
- If their grass never seems to get muddy, your neighbor probably has artificial grass.
- If their yard is free from dead spots despite frequent nature calls by their dog, your neighbor probably has artificial grass.
- If their grass never seems to create flattened pathways despite regular use, your neighbor probably has artificial grass.
3D landscape design of artificial lawn in Costa Mesa, CA
It’s no wonder why artificial grass is the fastest growing trend in landscape design within most Orange County neighborhoods. Who wouldn’t want a one-and-done process with the lowest effort on your end but with the highest reward in the end: a perfect yard.